Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Look, Michigan, Just Be Stinkin' Fall Already, Huh?

If Michigan had any problems at all (and I'm not implying that it does- even if we all know that it really, really does) then it's the exceptionally wacky weather. And it never fails to do the same stupid thing every... SINGLE... Y E A R! And what is this stupid thing of which I speak? Indian Summer. Yeah, I'm sure that's not the appropriate name for it, but you know what I'm talking about: Fall hits, as it should, at the tail end of September, then the weather gradually begins to cool properly; both days and, especially, nights, and then BLAMMO! suddenly we run T-Bone into high 70's and potential 80's all over again. This, friends, sucks!

If you're reading this properly on the day I posted it, then it's Wednesday, October 3rd. Today it's supposed to be wet, kinda crummy, and around 65. Okay, that's Fall... I like this. Oh, but wait... let's look at tomorrow, shall we? Lemme check News Chanel 3. Oh, there it is: 78. What? SEVENTY EIGHT? Are you kidding me? Wait, wait... can this week be salvaged? Yeah... and herein lies the real issue: Thursday through Sunday: low 50's. This is exactly how people get sick. Don't get me wrong. These are the temperatures our Fall is supposed to be... but not the stupid 78 and then the near thirty-degree drop the next day. Each and every time this happens, inevitably, one of our kids gets sick. And that kid's name is Charlie.

I just got out of a bad relationship with an illness. We decided to separate and see other people. It was amicable and we'll probably still be friends... but I doubt it. Anyway, Charlie gets back from 5th Grade Camp today around noon and the chances are pretty good that his immune system is a bit out of whack since he was outside a bunch. So couple that with the upcoming 'Indian Summer' day and then toss in a huge temp drop over the following week and things could get a little messy. I don't think I'll get sick again, but I worry about Charlie a lot. I guess I'm gonna have to pump him full of Vitamin C and just hope it does its job.

So, in summary... stop being so Summery! See what I did there, Michigan? Yeah... you saw it.

No comments:

Post a Comment