Thursday, October 11, 2012

The Dream of What The F?

Yup. That's the title you're getting for this one. And I just remembered that I had this utterly bizarre dream last night and I figured I'd share it with you. Because why not?

Before I get into it, it helps to know that I am a huge Doctor Who fan. That's really all you need to know since this dream has everything to do with Time Travel. Oh, and it's through my eyes as I'm watching it unfurl before me. Maybe I need to stop eating ice cream sandwiches before bed.

So the scene (dream) opens with me looking down at the floor where the body of a little girl lay in a pool of blood. And by little girl, I mean like under 10. And this was almost enough to jar me awake, but I stayed asleep and the horror only continued. From stage left walked The Doctor (the Matt Smith current version), and looked stunned and saddened by the victim. He looked at me and asked if I had any idea how it happened. I sighed and nodded, but I knew (as did he) that the blood wasn't on my hands.

I surveyed the room with The Doctor looking for any kind of clue that might help in the investigation. I might have known the answer, but for reasons that would become obvious soon enough, I wasn't talking. The Doctor didn't seem frustrated, in fact the contrary: he knew I knew, but he also knew I had my reasons for not giving away what I knew. And so we looked. As I knelt I found a ripped bit of cloth clasped in the little girl's dead hands. It was a dark gray and looked to be tweed. Hmm...

The Doctor then, after seeing the concern on my face, decided it might just be for the best if we boarded the TARDIS and just went back an hour to see what led to her death. I agreed, and we went inside. I didn't get any kind of description of the innards of the TARDIS as I had closed my eyes in the dream. So we hit the time stream and ended up right back in the same room but roughly an hour earlier (Timey Wimey, ya know). So there we stood, watching the little girl playing on the floor with a man dressed in a tweed coat and bow tie. If you're a Whovian you can see where this is going. It was the Doctor himself. He turned and looked at himself and me and said that he had to kill the girl because it was his sister, also Galifreian, and she was destined to become a horrible tyrant who would decimate and entire planet. The Doctor himself had seen the future and gone back to kill his own sister. He was weeping, and at this point so was I in the dream. The Doctor who was with me nodded, because he already knew. I tried to argue that changing her was a better idea than killing his own sister, but the both said that her timeline was a fixed point and this was the only way. I cried and cried...

And then woke up.

What the F?

No comments:

Post a Comment